Sunday, June 8, 2008

Satisfying Sunday... More Conviction

Today was a great Sunday. Even though the day was filled with activities, God brought tremendous rest to my soul. Worship was a huge blessing as I felt the Holy Spirit pushing through my heart and hopefully the hearts of other worshipers too.

Additionally, by God's grace, my pastor shared how he spent his vacation several weeks ago. He described how he left the hustle and bustle of New York City and arrived at his father's farm several hours away. And though he was on vacation he found himself, by the request of his dad, softening soil for the planting of corn and mowing his dad's lawn and the neighbor's lawn too. Was my pastor tired? Probably. Was he disappointed that he didn't get to rest and relax? No! He enjoyed every moment of it, serving His dad, which flowed from a life long relationship built upon God's grace.

I sat in the pew thinking about how God's been convicting me of my own unhealthy relationship with my dad. My pastor's story has given me renewed hope that God can bring to life what is dead and allow me to mend the mutual pain my father and myself have caused each other.

May the God of peace and joy, grant me peace and joy as he brings to light my sin and helps me to be rid those things that keep me away from experiencing more of Christ. My father and I develop a relationship that reflects a healthy relationship with God.

No comments: