Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sporadic Thoughts from Alpha to Omega

This evening at prayer meeting, my pastor reminded the gathering about a certain theme in the Gospel of Matthew. When we start in chapter 1 verse 23, it says that Jesus will be called 'Immanuel - God with us' and in perfect closing in chapter 28 verse 20, Jesus tells His disciples that He will be with them forever.

Today, I also read John 5, where in verse 46, Jesus says to the people in Jerusalem, 'For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.' So the Torah, the first 5 books of the Old Testament, written by Moses, points us to Jesus.

Also in my Men's Group, a brother mentioned Isaiah chapter 6, where the prophet sees the Lord in the temple. This section of scripture is awesome, but what made this even more awesome to me is John chapter 12 verses 36-41. Focusing on verse 41, notice Isaiah is witness to who's glory? ---Jesus' Glory! Whoa! Isaiah in the temple saw Jesus! Even more John 1:1-3, proclaims that Jesus, the Word, was the source of all creation tying itself to the creation passage of Genesis 1! And even more, when at the end of the whole Bible, Jesus in chapter 22:13, proclaims himself to be the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

I don't know why, but I find this all so amazing and exciting. From the beginning to the end, its is all about Jesus! But for what purpose? For me, I believe God really wants us to know Him through one channel Jesus. Everything else is just reflections, shadows. and incomplete views of God. May God the Father allow me to read my bible and seek for Jesus and find Him and Him alone through the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Admin said...

AMEN!
He is the truth the way and the life