Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dwell Conference New York Audio

The audio from the Dwell Conference NY are up at the Act 29 Network website. I was listening to the Eric Mason talk tonight. He said something challenging about incarnational ministry. He basically said, and I am paraphrasing, for true incarnational ministry to be done at church, the members must be serving out of time spent with, having fellowship with Jesus. If not, the church will only be incarnating humans not Jesus. Because, through Jesus the Father is revealed and we receive the power of the Holy Spirit. Its such a basic truth that I keep on overlooking. I get caught up with the manner of doing, that I forget to evaluate the motivation and the meaning of doing something, which honestly is a fruit of self reliance rather than of Christ reliance.

I am reminded of Matthew 11:27-30. May I continually come to Jesus to take on His yoke to learn from Him, and in result come to know the Father.

No comments: