Monday, May 12, 2008

Birth of this Blog

The other day I was pretty discouraged. Sharing this with a brother in Christ, we started trying to flesh out what was wrong with me.

A few weeks ago, I was at the Dwell Conference (www.dwellconference.com). While Mark Driscoll was exhorting and encouraging the audience about the centrality of the Christ, he said something like, "If you are not serving God out of love and passion for Christ, Jesus will oppose you!".
I left the conference defenseless before God. This statement has haunted me since, because in all honesty, it forced me to really begin to evaluate my life and my motivations. And I realized that the ground I was standing on was not entirely reliant on a love and passion for Christ.

I guess my discouragement wasn't from knowing my sin or my present condition, but more about 'what do I do now?'. 'Yes! Throw myself at Christ', but what does that look like? And as I continued to chat with my spiritual brother, Revelation Chapter 7 came alive into my thoughts. And instantly, I felt like the Holy Spirit was showing me the goal, the whole purpose of it all. I will be in the presence of my Lord Jesus Christ, in all His Glory, worshiping Him, with all those who have put their faith in Him. Him who was slain for our sins that we may be washed clean and white by His shed blood.

So, I am here writing hoping someone might read my entries, peer into my life as a believer in Christ and know that there is someone out there who struggles with his faith. But all this to know of God's grace towards a sinner, and that one day I and everyone who's following Jesus will be clothed in white robes, partying with the Lord.

1 comment:

Sung said...

Hebrews 3:12-19
We are reminded of the Israelites in Exodus who had fallen in the wilderness because of unbelief.

In the desert/wilderness of this life, we will be beset by struggles and powers that seek to oppose God and His intention for us. So while it is today be reminded we are to encourage one another (walk beside one another) in this life as we wait for the return of our Lord. Encourage in what... the gospel. We need to remind each other of that as we live.