Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Are You a Leader?

Continuing on the idea of leadership, a brother in Christ sent me a link from Desiring God. John Piper writes about Marks of a Spiritual Leader. Its a good reading that helps me both evaluate my inner and outer health, while also helping me focus my prayers to allow the Holy Spirit to change, modify, and/or adjust my life accordingly. Reading this also helps me understand more that character and practice are priority before any ministry or service can truly be successful.

I have tendencies to be more pragmatic than theological. Always want to be doing, which sometimes bars me from actually thinking through issues scripturally. Hopefully, through spending time with the Lord and the scripture, with my core group of brothers, while 'doing', and even while blogging, God will bring that balance to me.

No comments: