Sunday, May 25, 2008

Satisfying Sunday

My Sunday was a good one. I met up some brothers in our 'Growth Group', where we're reading Humility by Mahaney together. We somehow began to talk about justification and sanctification. It was a good time wrestling with these truths. Its unbelievable sometimes to think by God's grace I've been placed in Christ and his righteousness. While at the same time, the Holy Spirit is also conforming us to Christ.

The sermon was titled 'Replacing Anxiety', preached out of Matthew 6:24-34. My pastor was trying to drive home the fact that God desires at this very moment for us to, by faith, lay our stresses, worries, and cares at His feet. It was very encouraging. And even more I kept on seeing how awesome and loving the Father is to give His Son to defeat the world and defeat how it attacks His people.

Lunch was Thai food with my wife at a nearby Thai placed called Chao Thai. We had roast pork over rice, spicy papaya salad, and spicy bean thread salad.

Then came choir practice, where we practiced the 'Lord is in his Holy Temple', 'Lift High the Cross', and 'A Mighty Fortress if our God'. It was good fun practicing and praising God with brothers and sisters.

My wife and I then went food shopping, came home, and had dinner. And here I am now blogging. Thank God for making this day a day filled with activities, but also filled with constant peace and satisfaction that comes only from Him.

No comments: