Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random Thoughts July 15, 2008

I just read today's entry from OfFirstImportance.org. It states the supremacy of Christ's righteousness and obedience above our own righteousness and obedience, calling us to put all my faith and being under the shed blood of Christ. So that I may be clothed by him, not by what I try to put on.

This past Sunday, I attended the Evening Service at Redeemer Church in New York City. It is always a treat to visit this church and experience the worship and the preaching. I was encouraged by the reading and preaching of Revelation 2:8-11. Abe Cho, that night's preacher, pressed hard the idea that Christ indeed knows all my weaknesses, sufferings, dreams, aspirations... my whole being, because we have a God who allowed himself to come into the world He created to share in all it is to be a human, but without sin. I couldn't help contemplating this truth how Christ has purchased our joy and gives us true satisfaction if I would only come to Christ. He knows everything I go through and knows what is best for me. And though I experience both good and bad, some how, some way, Christ died on that bloodied cross to purchase it all for all people, for me. So I can live life in peace and thanksgiving, whether good or bad, knowing that Jesus eternally says and comforts me when He says, 'I know'.

LORD, may all the joy, love, hate, bitterness, tiredness, hope, all that is in me be washed cleaned by your blood to bring me into correct attitude, posture, and living under my King Jesus. May all this be for Your glory and for the expansion of Your Gospel.

No comments: