Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Workmanship of God

Workmanship means to be a product of a workman's effort or endeavor. Tonight at church, we had a special praise night event, where the theme was serving. The worship time was great, and seeing the youth and the young adults working together to get this event going, was very encouraging. What also hit me was the message.

As part of the preaching speaker spoke quickly about Ephesians 2:8-10. These verses from Ephesians has been reoccurring verses for this year. And whenever I hear these verses, I experience both excitement and dread. Excitement because of the familiarity of the section of God's Word, but dread because I wonder what God's trying to tell me.

As I read it, it continues to remind me of God's grace in saving me, not through any of my own doing, but because He was pleased to save me. More than that, my salvation is not just personal experience, but God saved me because he has a plan for me. A plan that involves me doing good works. This is pretty cool. That means my good works aren't what I have to do to gain God's favor, but good works, based on the verses, in my life happens through Jesus Christ and what He has done. May I continue to witnssing all satisfying, all empowering, all merciful, all graceful events that testifies to God's plan to save me and save the whole world...

No comments: